Plumbers’ Supply Company is a growth oriented, privately held plumbing and heating wholesaler with 17 locations throughout Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New Hampshire. Plumbers’ Supply is looking for strong candidate to join the team to assist with general accounting tasks. The successful candidate needs to be organized and detail-oriented. Additionally, the candidate needs to be a team player with strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Assist with monthly closing procedures including preparing journal entries
- Responsible for various balance sheet account reconciliations and general ledger maintenance
- Maintain checkbook and assist in reconciling cash accounts daily and monthly
- Maintain fixed assets
- Cross train to provide coverage for all other accounting roles (accounts receivable, cash and accounts payable)
- Assist with special projects as directed by management
- Assist with answering phones and other administrative duties
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years general office experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) is required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
- Previous distribution experience is a plus
- Ideal candidate must be detailed oriented, organized, able to meet deadlines and a team player
- A full benefit package including 401(K) and profit sharing is offered.